The devil's in the details; he's got your gold watch and chain

Posted by Cory , Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:43 PM

I have no idea what Fail (AKA Sassbucket and/or Schmoopy) and I were thinking when we decided to go to Ireland. We're leaving in 12 days (12 days!) and I am living in a constant state of panic attack. I've never been very skilled at packing lightly, but I'm trying my damnedest to scale back and (I hope, I hope) I'll be able to throw everything into the backpack I borrowed from my brother. I'm afraid of both over-packing and under-packing. It's a tough life for the Europe-bound.

Spent the evening after work making what will forever be known as Sunshine's Vegetable Soup. The nice thing about the frigid weather we've been having this week is I don't feel too weird about making soup for dinner; come August, no way. There's something about using herbs you grew yourself and organic vegetables that's so much more satisfying than cooking any other way. I like. Tomorrow, I'm baking bread to replenish our supply. LOOK AT ME BEING DOMESTIC.

(Apologies for the all-caps look. I've been reading the archives on dooce.com a little too much)

Work developments:
1. Finally told middle school staff exactly what I think about their stupid split-schedule idea. Did not mention that I won't be back next year for them to jerk around. Satisfaction: +1.
2. Last day with J is a week from today. Pardon me while I do a cartwheel, followed by a happy dance.
3. Spent an hour and a half after staffing yesterday going over my poor, defeated little project with M, Boss Lady and KJ. Then I came home and wept. I feel a little better about it now. I have until June 4 to correct the mistakes and resubmit. And if I don't pass yet again? Time to look for a new job! Woo!

1 Response to "The devil's in the details; he's got your gold watch and chain"

Pinky McLobster Says:

Woah, woah. When did I transition from Fail to EPIC Fail?!

Post a Comment